- "A milestone film of sorts, Village Rockstars epitomises the trials and tribulations, and heralds the coming of age, of a filmmaker, of her protagonist, and of the indie film movement in India."
- September 7, 2018Cinematic adaption of a famous Persian narrative poem based on the true story of another poet and his lover
- August 3, 2018Saibal Chatterjee: "At the heart Mulk is a fearless spirit that is a far cry from the abject timidity of Bollywood, an industry that believes in upholding the status quo even if it threatens to endanger the precious pluralistic ethos that lies at the foundation of this vast nation."
- July 28, 2018Sukanya Verma: "56-year-old Tom Cruise' marvellous stamina is a thrilling reminder of Hollywood's golden age of action movies before green screen and CGI sucked the joy out of devil-may-care exploits."
- July 28, 2018Sowmya Rajendran: "Maradona valorizes love, forgiveness, and repentance over revenge and bloodthirst. And encouragingly, these messages come to us from women characters."
- July 21, 2018Baradwaj Rangan: "Of a man who suffers from a (somewhat justifiable) martyr’s complex, having hoisted himself on the cross, since his teens, in order to become his family’s Saviour".
- Dominik Moll has not been prolific, The Monk (2011) being only his fourth feature film. But on the strength of the three films widely seen, there is little doubt that he is one of the most inventive of filmmakers...
- There are numerous ways in which a biopic of a statesman or a politician can be put together in cinema and the chosen approach depends, partly, on the reverence with which the person is regarded by the public likely...
Notes of Music
Table of Contents
Cinematic Illusions—a community journal of artists, by artists, for artists
Editor-publisher: Dalton L | House of Illusions, 1/1439 Fort Cochin—682001 | email@example.com | +91 904 806 0311 (whatsapp) & 807 577 6287 (SMS & messenger)