- In the contemporary time, Shakespeare has been carried across languages and cultures to such an extent that his motifs have become truly universal—they no longer belong to the west alone....
- FeaturesIn the contemporary time, Shakespeare has been carried across languages...
- January 19, 2019Ashameera Aiyappan, Cinema Express: "The strength of the writing in Soni is that while it makes you empathise with the women, it doesn’t make a demon out of all men. It’s more about exposing the cultural conditioning that we are all subjected to."
- October 14, 2018"Part morbid-fantasy, mostly magic-realism... An artsy, gutsy mix of mythology, history, horror, and moral science."
- September 27, 2018"A milestone film of sorts, Village Rockstars epitomises the trials and tribulations, and heralds the coming of age, of a filmmaker, of her protagonist, and of the indie film movement in India."
- September 7, 2018Cinematic adaption of a famous Persian narrative poem based on the true story of another poet and his lover
- August 3, 2018Saibal Chatterjee: "At the heart Mulk is a fearless spirit that is a far cry from the abject timidity of Bollywood, an industry that believes in upholding the status quo even if it threatens to endanger the precious pluralistic ethos that lies at the foundation of this vast nation."
- A ‘prequel’ to a film classic is sometimes a much better marketing ploy than a sequel – especially when the first film began on an intriguing note. Ridley Scott’s Alien (1979) is a horror classic and it engendered several sequels by other...
- Nicholas Jarecki’s Arbitrage is a political film, but its statement is disguised as family drama. The first factor that makes it highly political is that it is about a hedge-fund tycoon and investment bankers have become highly controversial after...
- + Women in Cinema
- + Soni
- + events & workshops—Music, Film, & Literature
- + The Othello and Hamlet Figure in Assamese Narratives: Shifting Paradigm in Assamese Cinema & Plays
- + Bernardo Bertolucci
- + Prometheus
- + Arbitrage
- + Jio MAMI 20th Mumbai Film Festival with Star
- + The Holy Innocents
- + Society, Cinema & the Critic
Notes of Music
Table of Contents
Cinematic Illusions—a community journal of artists, by artists, for artists
Editor-publisher: Dalton L | House of Illusions, 1/1439 Fort Cochin—682001 | firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 904 806 0311 (whatsapp) & 807 577 6287 (SMS & messenger)